About Me

A 29 yr old guy, married with one cute baby boy and another baby on the way!

Tuesday 30 September 2014

October 2014 Portfolio Update

(Screenshot taken from Ticker app)

Dear Readers,

I'm very excited to show you my latest portfolio as from what you can see above, my portfolio has grown twice the size compared to last month!

The main reason it had doubled is because I recently closed my fixed deposit account and threw everything into 3 main stocks, Suntec REITS (5 lots), UMS (21 lots) and NSL (5 lots). Oh by the way, my fixed deposit account only yield an interest of $130 for 1 year duration and that sucks! 

So why do I say that putting money in fixed deposit sucks? Well, it does not suck if you have bloody no idea what to do with your money. Warren Buffett's number 1 rule in investing: Never lose money! Putting all your savings in fixed deposit if you have no idea how to invest has already fulfilled Warren Buffet's rule. For me, I only got enlightened recently and so, not making my money work for me is totally nonsensical now. 

(Screenshot taken from UMS website)



Moving forward, UMS is going to ex dividend of $0.01 per share on the 7 Oct based on their financial calender on their website. For an individual like me with 21 lots of UMS, I'm gonna get $210 on the payment date by the end of October! Hell yea!

$210 within a month compared to $130 after a year of fixed deposit. Which one do you choose?

Happy investing!

The Rat is getting more lazy and it is good to be lazy. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment